Purchasing a New Mexico Rail Runner Express train ticket is easy and convenient. Fares are calculated based upon your individual or group travel needs.
Rules for Riding
- Tickets can be purchased online or on the train from a ticket agent. Remember, you must have a valid ticket onboard the train, and must show your ticket to the ticket agent when requested. If you do not have a valid ticket, you will be asked to pay or deboard at the next station.
- If using a credit card for payment, passengers must show a valid photo I.D.
- Seating is available on a first come - first served basis. Purchasing a ticket in advance online does not guarantee a seat.
- All tickets are NON-REFUNDABLE AND NON-TRANSFERABLE.
- Tickets are not refundable if lost, damaged, stolen or destroyed.
- Tickets are also not refundable if the passenger purchased a ticket and didn’t use it, purchased the wrong date or wrong station or if a ticket is purchased at a discounted rate without qualification.
- Every passenger must have a printed or mobile ticket in order to ride the NM Rail Runner Express. In addition to potential criminal charges, passengers riding without a ticket will be escorted off the train at a nearby station.
- Riding the New Mexico Rail Runner Express without a ticket, copying and reusing a ticket or altering a valid ticket is a crime. The Rail Runner Express will prosecute any rider who does not use a valid ticket pursuant to applicable State Statutes or Local Ordinances.
- Passengers carrying altered tickets are subject to being banned from the New Mexico Rail Runner Express.
If this is your first time using our online system, be sure to read the directions first. You'll always get $1 off of a Day Pass and $10 off of a Monthly or Annual Pass when you purchase your tickets online.
Buy Tickets Now!
For assistance with tickets, please contact:
Rio Metro Customer Service
Phone: 866-795-RAIL (7245)