Valencia County Dial-a-Ride
12The Rio Metro Regional Transit District operates Dial-a-Ride service to connect communities in Valencia County. Valencia County Dial-a-Ride can accommodate the general public, including seniors and people with disabilities. Dial-a-Ride can also bring you to a New Mexico Rail Runner Express station, which connects you to Albuquerque, Bernalillo or Santa Fe.
Available to anyone traveling throughout Valencia County, including Belen, Bosque Farms, Los Chavez, Los Lunas, Peralta, Rio Communities, and Tomé.
Request a Ride
- Call 505-352-3595 to request a ride
- Rides must be requested by 12 Noon one business day in advance
- For Monday rides, requests must be made by 12 Noon on the Friday before
- Ride requests are accepted between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m.
- Rio Metro dispatchers will work with riders to accommodate requested times or give other options based on bus availability
No eligibility requirements.
|Full Fare One Way||$1|
|Reduced Fare One Way||$0.50|
|Full Fare 10-Trip Pass||$10|
|Reduced Fare 10-Trip Pass||$5|
|Full Fare Monthly Pass||$30|
|Reduced Fare Monthly Pass||$15|
Passengers can pay with cash or check (exact fare only).
Purchase A Pass
Passes are available for purchase at the following locations:
- On the bus
- Rio Metro Valencia County Office
101 Courthouse Rd. SE
Los Lunas, NM 87031
Reduced fares are available for:
- Students (with a valid student ID)
- Youth ages 10 to 17
- Seniors ages 62 and older
- Individuals with disabilities
- Medicare card holders
- Children 9 and under ride free (must be accompanied by an adult)
Individuals with disabilities need to be prepared to show one of the following to receive the reduced fare:
- New Mexico Motor Vehicle Department notification
- Letter from doctor indicating the disability (with expiration date)
- An ABQ RIDE Honored Citizen Card
- A Santa Fe Ride Card or Santa Fe Trails Half Fare Card
- A Disabled Veteran ID card
VA medical cards / Rio Metro Freedom Passes are valid for Dial-a-Ride services in Rio Rancho and Valencia County.
- The Rio Metro Regional Transit District operates its programs and services without regard to race, color, national origin, and disability, in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act. Visit our Title VI / Non-Discrimination Notice Web Page.